Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And The Day Came When The Risk To Remain Tight In The Bud Was More Painful Than The Risk It Took To Blossom.

A few weeks ago I found a ad for a job dream. Nothing too glamorous, but a step in the right direction to make my fantasies come true- a job getting paid to make art. It was a few states away from where I am, but I took the risk. Within a few days I recieved a call in response to my application. Last weekend I carted my portfolio and my best sunday dress to the interview. There was a copy- this- xeroxed- design- in sharpie sort of challenge, and a 3 minute minute sketch challenge. The first one I nailed. The latter could have been improved, but wasn't horrible for a 3 minute sketch on the fly. My interviewer was also impressed with this quick portrait I had completed the day before the interview of Amanda Palmer :

And today I received an email telling me that I've made it to the second "audition" round. I'm not hired, but I made it to the next step! So from now until Saturday afternoon I'll be practicing like mad. If you have a good photo you'd like turned into a pastel portrait email it to me. I'll let you know if I use your photo, and if I do I'll be posting it on this blog.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End note: Please follow, friend, add me on these other sites if you aren't already:

No comments:

Post a Comment