Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Where Is The Bailout For Artists?

I'm a little more starving than I previously was with the news of some horrible bank trouble today. (Despite a 79 million dollar bailout, the banks have some bullshit about how *they're* hurting from the recession, and feel the need to trump up asinine charges. Basically, I didn't spend more money than I had, and yet I still owe the bank money that keeps accruing. Add my school debt, paying out of pocket for my prescription for the medication for my anxiety disorder because of no insurance, with no job prospects to the list.)
In any case, if you're in the mood to own an original piece of art or a fine art print from me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Now more than ever. 8.5x11" Prints are $20 each or 2 for $30. I can take commission work for fine art, portraits, illustration. I make handcrafted bookmarks as well. Just post a comment or send me a message. Or if you'd even like to donate a dollar or two to the Kirsten-Is-A-Starving-Artist fund my paypal address is heartshapedscarz@gmail.com. (This would, of course, be reciprocated with thank you gifts of art in the near future.)I'm also taking offers if you see anything interested on my albums up at MYSPACE or FACEBOOK.

A few pieces for sale:
All prices exclude shipping

Hollow Eyed- $45 or best offer currently on hold for Daniel Pevar


Do It Yourself- 7x9" acrylic painting- $45 or best offer on hold for Tony Mallory


Nature Of My Circuitry- 4x6.5" matted original mixed media piece (Was designed for Alphane Reality Generator's album 'Nature Of My Circuitry') - $50 or best offer


8.5x11" fine art prints- $20 each or 2 for $30 (Full listing of prints at www.kirstenashley.etsy.com)


Sleeping In The Sky hand painted wooden trinket box (sealed with acrylic sealer)- $10 or best offer


Moon Tears hand painted trinket box (sealed with acrylic sealer)- $10 or best offer

Handmade Bookmarks- $5 each (I can make custom bookmarks as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment