Friday, May 10, 2013

Notorious C H O

I'm proud to say I've finally finished the second of the new portrait series, featuring the lovely Ms.Margaret Cho.
Why Margaret Cho? You may ask. She's not only a comedian that makes me burst into ab burning laughs, but she has been a fierce opponent of homophobia, misogyny, hypocrisy, and body hate.Not many people realize this, but she's also an author. As someone who has fought body dysmorphia her book I'm The One That I Want changed my perspective on self loathing. Why is she perfect for this portrait series? She's a self made performer and writer who expresses her sexuality on her own terms. The things that come out of her mouth make construction workers blush. She isn't what the mainstream immediately thinks of as a "sex symbol," and yet has been an undeniable force in cultivating a sex positive culture.
Without further adieu... 
Ms. Cho



No comments:

Post a Comment