Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another Traveling Blog

When I travel I need a big purse. I bring along the usual suspects- wallet, money, pen, medications- along with feminine neccessities- eyeliner, shadow, powder, makeup brush- as well as the obligatory sketcher's stash of sketchbook, pencil sharpener, watercolors, colored pencils.
It makes me happy when lugging all that crap around isn't in vain. Traveling, for example. If the ride on the train or bus isn't too bumpy it's quite fun and time-killing to sketch whatever comes to mind.
Two weeks ago I went trekking from Virginia to Pennsylvania to Massachusetts and back again.
Medusa was sketched while in Philly
Align CenterTitle: "Medusa Reimagined"
Size: 9x11"
Medium: Colored pencil

This was sketched in Boston, finished in Philly.
Title: "Ambivalence"
Size: 9x11"
Medium: Colored Pencil

This last one was drawn in a pizza shop on a layover in Washington D.C.

Title: Hand Study
Medium: Colored pencil
Size: 9x11"

Keep up to date with sketching and the Draw 365 Project by adding me on Flickr and my Facebook Fan Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment